Thursday, January 7, 2010

CH 18 A Long Way Gone Questions

•1. Ishmael feels he has nothing to live for because he has no Family.
•2. Esther always hugged Ishmael every time he was upset. She also wanted to pretend to be his sister.
•3. Abigail was a girl that went with Ishmael to school.
•4. The visitors were the UN, the UNICEF, and the Ngo's.
•5. Ishmael didn’t talk about if he was nervous.
•6. Esther thought that Ishmael should sing Reggae songs.
•7. Mr. Kamara told Ishmael that the Visitors were impressed and knew they could Rehabilitate, and asked him to be the spokesmen for the center.
•8. Ishmael would talk about how child soldering is wrong and that all of them can be Rehabilitated.
•9. I think Ishmael was excited that he met Mohammed because he hasn’t seen him in a long time.
•10. Tommy was Ishmaels uncle. He was tall, had a wide Genuine smile, had long hands, smiling, and wasn’t very light skinned.
•11. Repatriated is the term used to describe the process of reuniting ex-child soldiers with their former communities.
•12. Tommy ran toward Ishmael happy and hugging him and crying.
•13. I reunited with one of my Uncles one day when me and my Family went to Mexico.
•14. Tommy promised Ishmael that he will come and visit Every weekend.
•15. Ishmael would feel guilty if he told Alhaji and Mambu about Tommy because none of there families have been found.
•16. Ishmael loved the Walks with his Uncle because it gave him a chance to talk about his childhood before the war.
•17. I would field both excited and strange because I never met them so I don’t know how there like.
•18. Tommy lived in New England Ville a in the western part of Freetown. There was no electricity, no running water, and a beautiful view.
•19. Ishmaels aunt was short, had dark skin, round cheek bones, and bright eyes.
•20. I think the Aunt let Ishmael live there because she welcomed him and fed him.
•21. Ishmael found out that his Grandfather had many wives, that his father had brothers he never talked about, and his father is the only child from his mothers side.
•22. I found out that my great Grandfathers both from my moms and dads side were in the revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment